Saturday, November 26, 2005

THANKSGIVING!!!

I was so worried a few weeks ago, thinking I could not get everything done for Thanksgiving. Now, on the other side, I wonder why I worried so much. Actually, it was good to be gone two weeks before hand and have everything planned out in my mind. Then when I actually had to do all of it, it was easy to do. I got it all done and everything went smoothly.

We had our company, 13 people here at my house for Thanksgiving and we had a great time. Everyone seemed to enjoy it so much. We laughed and everyone pretty much did what they enjoyed doing. We played games, watched TV, took naps, went to bed early, went to bed late, watched movies, did some shopping, eat out, eat desserts, eat Turkey, prayed, talked about scripture and prayed with our eyes open. What a joyful time this week has been for me.

I had my best friend beside me all the way. Tollie was right there helping me and doing what he could. My next bestest friend was there for most of it. Gina was here, although she was feeling a little under the weather, she was here and we had some good talks. My family was here, my kids and g-kids. That is always a treat. And new friends, Lavonne and Trent. Ours could not have been happier or more fun. It met every expectation I had.

I talked with my folks today and my dad got to go home yesterday. He is doing well, sounded in good spirits. My mom is doing well, although a little tired. She is doing things she usually doesn't do and I think actually enjoying it. Home health is coming to do therapy and be there for them if they need it. That is good and I think they are surprised by the service.

Life is good, thank you God and God bless all those travelling, especially tomorrow as Mindy, Trent and Lavonne travel to Austin, drop off Mindy and continue through Texas, Oklahoma to Missiouri. Be safe!

No comments: