Monday, December 19, 2005

CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE!

Christmas will be here this weekend! Where did the year go? Because after next week, we will be in 2006! I remember when it was scary to reach 2000 and now we are five years later! Wow! Time is flying.

I have several hurry up things to do this week. I have decided to sew for my grand kids. I am making them night gowns. It is okay, they don't read yet, at least not blogs anyway! They are only 5 and 3 1/2!

They are so cute! I know my grandkids are the cutest and prettiest in the world! They are certainly the most fun! We went shopping on Saturday, to the outlet mall about two hours away. Ashton, the oldest has really become a home body, especially since the hurricane. She doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. I started talking about the shopping trip on Thursday, really making it sound fun in my voice. She was excited about going! Yet Saturday morning, she was lamenting the fact she couldn't stay home. She really wanted to play and stay home! But when I got to their apartment, she was ready to go and sounded okay. She did okay until after the first store. Of course, the two hours to get there was something of a challenge as well. We did some singing and laughing along the way! She was a real trooper, though.

The only thing was that I had planned to take the two girls with me alone and do some shopping for their parents. It just didn't seem to happen. So, I guess I will try again later in the week. Yikes! Going to the mall a few days before Christmas, that sounds like suicide. Maybe Walmart would be better. Walmart would certainly be more exciting to Ashton. She likes Walmart and is always ready to that! So, looks like Walmart, here we come. I will try on Wednesday and will let you know how it goes.

Only two more days to do my cooking! Every year I make a basket of goodies for those at work. I make candy, fudge, cheese straws and this year I am trying some new cookie bars. I only have today and Wednesday to finish this up because I have to take it to work with me on Thursday.

So......better get busy and get going today! Have a great day!

No comments: