Wednesday, August 24, 2005

GOTTA RUN! LIFE IS GOOD!

I talked with my youngest last night after her visit to her boyfriend's. She was in Missouri for about 9 days! Wow! She sounded good. They had a good week with a few hitches, like a funeral! But that is everyday life and I am sorry they had that but fortunately for her it was not someone she knew. I know she is anxious to get her last semester of school over with. That is what is motivating her right now. I pray for her consistency and stamina as she completes this and makes enough money to sustain her while in her internship. She can do this. I am praying for God's hand to get her through to next May!

I will get Tollie to blog yet. John Alan Turner has a blog that has been addressing some issues we are dealing with right now. He has talked about not tinkering with what God has put in place and to stop praying for vision! Wow, that really hit me. But his point is that God already has a vision for the church. We need to be praying for strategy and working that strategy. It is indeed what our sheperds are doing this weekend. They had planned to get a vision for Christ Covenant, but now I think it will be a planning session to put into place a strategy for Christ Covenant. They need our prayers this weekend and I hope things go well for them.

I love my friends! Friends are the basis for my everyday walk while filling needs. Thank you God for friends. And speaking of friends, I have talked to my bestest friend this morning and then later I am going to have lunch with another best friend. So could life get much better? Don't think so. I will see my grandchildren and kids tonight and talked with my other kid last night. Life is good.

Gotta run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lunch was fun and yummy!! If someone reading this BLOG has not not experienced cajun seafood S E TX style then let me just say we DO seafood!! Come on down!
Peggy, your friendship is SUCH a blessing..."BEST" is a great word and describes it. One of the greatest gifts God has provided for any of us is the capacity to love and be loved and to share friendship. Thanks God!! You REALLY did a fantastic job with our "hearts"!! What a gift!

love ya!