Monday, November 07, 2005

CHANGING TIMES

Well, it looks like I may be headed to Lubbock tomorrow. Dad had to go to the ER today. He could not walk and when he talked with the doc he suggested they go to the ER. I talked with mom when they put him in a room. The PA says they will do surgery tomorrow night or Wednesday night. Wow! That is quick, but so much better than the week of Thanksgiving!

Thank you for your prayers for my dad. I know you will be praying for them. Dad is 82 and has heart problems. They did a doppler this afternoon and that should be a clue as to whether they can do the surgery or not. Mom also said they were taking him to surgery to do a steroid injection tonight. Not sure what that is about, but probably wanting to see if they can delay the surgery. We will see. I will probably leave sometime tomorrow and go to Dallas and get my sister and then we will head to Lubbock.

I am having a flu shot in the morning and I don't want to not get that. I need that! So......I may be hurrying to get out of town tomorrow. But now is so much better than in a couple of weeks. I can then be home by the weekend and have a good two weeks to get ready for my company. I am sorry my dad is having this much trouble. I still am anxious about the surgery, not sure that surgery will be the answer, but I am here and they are there and I have to trust they know what they are doing. I am sorry he is having so much trouble.

Again, please keep my parents in your prayers. This is such a problem when you live 12 hours away from aging parents. Wish I were closer. But for whatever reason, we are still here, even after three years of prayers to be closer to my family. (My family, at least kids, moved here). I am closer to my kids but not my parents and they are alone in Lubbock. Thank you for the church family there as they minister to them.

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

Peggy,
Will be praying for you sweet dad, and whatever, remember anything can happen. I am glad you and your sister are going there to be with your mom and dad.