Tuesday, January 03, 2006

WELL, SO FAR SO GOOD!

I have done my secret endeavor every day so far! Again, I can't tell you what that is, because I might jinx it, but I can tell you I enjoy it and was able to do what I needed to do without revealing to Tollie or anyone else what I was doing!

Why is it that when we have clandestine meetings and secrets we feel so powerful? I understand now how affairs can be so enticing:) Not that I am having an affair, mind you. I just have information that noone else has and it feels so powerful! It is like I am in control. But I really know that I am not! That is what is so funny about all this. I am no more in control than before I had this secret, it just feels like it. I have known for a while that perception is 90% of one's thinking.

No matter what the truth, if it is perceived, it is believed! My whole life involved perceiving that I had to get it right all the time, that believing the scriptures as a whole was dependent on my salvation. I perceived that salvation was dependent on what I did ~ not who He is and what He did! Therefore, everything I did had to be perfect, in order to be eligible for that salvation.

Now, I realize that scripture is scripture and not necessarily part of the good news. I read several other blogs, including Mike Cope, Patrick Mead and John Alan Turner. Lately, JAT http://www.johnalanturner.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_johnalanturner_archive.html with a title of "Light and Life" and Mead http://www.tentpegs.blogspot.com (with a title of "But Is It a Tree") have had some really insightful posts lately and have helped me come to some better perceptions. Also, Bible classes have helped in this as well.

I like learning and lately, seems I have found some interesting concepts and insights that are shaping my beliefs to what I perceive is more correct than what I had in the past.

Have a great week!!:)

No comments: