Friday, December 30, 2005

NEW ENDEAVOR

I am in the process of doing new things. First, I am working on a project of making a video for a client.

You see my husband has a side buisness where we video tape weddings, events and such and then he takes the video and dresses it up, doing fun stuff to it. I recently made a history video for my job where I took pictures and did basically the same thing.

Tollie and I went recently to record a band, Mid Life Crisis. They were playing at a club in downtown. We were there for several hours and did two camera views of the band as a whole and individuals in it. Now, I am taking those tapes and combining and transitioning and putting fun stuff with it to make a demo video for the band. Fun work! Fun stuff! Just hope we can do a good job!

My next endeavor is my Christmas present. I said in a previous post that I was re-gifted this year. About three years ago, Tollie gave me a present of dance lessons. Unfortunately, he couldn't find a teacher for these dance lessons, or at least procratinated till it didn't matter anymore! His co-worker is good at reminding him of buying a Christmas present for me and asking him if he has gotten it and what it is, etc. When he mentioned to her that he wished he could fulfill that previous gift, she had the solution. Another co-worker use to teach dance! Wow! We are going to have six weeks of dance lessons. Ballroom dance lessons. She says that if we learn the Foxtrot we can do most dances! So, starting in a couple of weeks on Monday nights, we along with four other couples from church are going to take ballroom dance lessons at our place of business. What fun! I can't wait and I am silently preparing for them!

I did it again this morning and was glad. I am already stiff and sore in the mornings and it helps to loosen me up. So, I have to figure out now how I can do it in the morning without giving away my secret! Tollie will be home and then tomorrow night we will be playing and "keeping" the g-kids. They will be spending New Year's Eve at our house. We plan to play and play and take them to McDonald's and just have a great time!

Ever since Hurricane Rita, they have been reluctant to stay away from home or mom and dad. The last time they stayed with us, over Thanksgiving holidays, they both cried when it came to bed time. They wanted their mommy! Hopefully, they will be so tired from playing they will be fine. I know I will be tired!

Have a Happy New Year and talk to you next year!

No comments: