Monday, September 22, 2008

HOME AGAIN

We arrived back home from evacuation on Sunday evening. We still have no power but our boss brought over a generator and hooked us up. We slept comfortably. Only half of the house has power but it is enough to run a window a/c unit, the refrig, freezer, and some lights. Also, the hot water heater, which was great to get a hot shower this morning.

I am ready for things to be "normal" again. I have loads and loads of laundry to do and dishes piled high that we rinsed but didn't wash as we were preparing for evacuation. So my house is a wreck but I am glad to be at work where we have power and a/c all day long.

I do have a lot of catch up to do at work because we lost a whole week of working. So, I better get back to it and get some work done.

Thanks for prayers and concerns for Southeast Texas. Bridge City residents really need a lot of help and prayers and many even in Beaumont lost roofs. So far, our church family had very little damage for which we are thankful, but we are trying to reach out to the community and help as we can.

I am praying hurricane season is over for us, even though we still have two more months of season left!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peggy -

I read your earlier post last week, but didn't have time to comment.

I'm glad y'all are back home and assume that by now (Friday afternoon) you have power back.

I know what you mean about having a lot to do when you get back home from an evacuation. I wasn't gone but four days and had tons of stuff to get caught up on when I got home. For one thing, we had emptied out both our fridges/freezers (a small extra one is in our laundry room) before hand so didn't have much food in the house at all.

Hope you'll get back to "normal" soon. We're like you - hope there is NO more hurricane activity this season - or for many to come!

Blessings to you all!

Dee

Anonymous said...

Yes, I heard Bridge City recieved the worst of the storm surge. Also, heard that every member of their church of christ lost their homes and that members are staying on cots at the Orange church. Praying for you guys!

Charmed Mom said...

Amen sister!! Glad to hear things are improving for you...at least a little!