Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where have I been?

I know no one will be looking at this blog anymore, mainly because I haven't written in such a long time. I quit doing blogs, looking and writing because I started working full time and now don't have the time to do it.

We are all fine after Hurricane Ike. Three Hurricanes, two major ones in three years is a lot and we are fortunate and blessed we have had little damage. Can't say the same for many in our area. There are so many who have lost everything, home, belongings and livlihood. The area is recovering and praying no more storms for years to come.

I wanted to "catch" every one up with news of our new grand daughter, Gracelyn Mae. She was born April 29th in Liberty, Missouri. She is beautiful and the only problem is that she lives to far from her Piggy and Pops. I am saving my money and buying plane tickets every time I see they are cheap. I have a trip planned in August and hopefully will purchase more tickets for later in the year. My hope is to see her once a month or at least every other month. It is very important to me that she know her Piggy and Pops.....more than just by name!

One question in a comment back last year, was how is Casey. My friend's daughter, Casey is doing great! She did great after her surgery. She was back doing her teaching so she could get her degree. She married in December and is living in the Ft. Worth area and will be teaching in the fall. Praise God for her continued good health.

If anyone reads this blog, please pray for our aging parents. It seems every time we talk to them, there are more and more doctor's appointments, surgeries being scheduled and just general bad health. They need God's healing hands to touch them.

Thank you for coming for a visit. I don't know if I will continue to post. It will depend on the timing.

No comments: