Friday, May 27, 2005

Blueberry picking time!

I picked blueberries this morning. Two friends from work and I got up early, at least earlier than usual and went to a nearby blueberry farm and picked berries. I had come prepared with mosquito cloths and plastic gloves. I was afraid our fingers would be blue after picking and the two were going to have to go to work. They thought it was a great idea. I thought so too. It seemed easier to pick the blueberries with the gloves on.

I got a gallon and also bought some recipes and honey. I am anxious to use the blueberries in a recipe. I think I will begin by making some muffins. Mindy will be here tomorrow night and I also plan to make some cinnamon rolls this afternoon.

I need to go to Abilene to help move Gina but I really can't afford to go right now. I need the money from work. She understands and will be here soon, but my heart is there in Abilene this weekend. Probably we will have a quiet weekend. The girls are coming over tomorrow, I am sure, to swim and I guess they will spend the night. We will have them next weekend, too as Jamie and Paul are going out of town with the teens. Life just continues to roll on.

Thanks you God for lives little presents and I appreciate so much how much you do for me and my familiy. Thank you Lord for every blessing.

1 comment:

Stephen Bailey said...

I read your comment on my buddy Brandon Scott Thomas' blog and I simply wanted to let you know how encouraged I am to hear about Christ Covenant Church. Bless you for having the heart of reconciliation and bless the leadership there for being open to God's leading in this. May He bless your family there and if I'm ever in Beaumont, I would love to worship with you.