Saturday, May 28, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend

What do I remember most? I don't have many memories of war times. I know my dad and mother married during WWII and they struggled through a lot of financial times because of it. My husband has never gone to the military. My boss was in the Korean war. I don't have many friends in the military. Only one friend that I know of in Iraq now, Scotty.

So.....thank you to all the men and women who have sacrificed for my large living and fun life. I know that my personal freedoms come from those who have decided to fight for this country and all that we stand for. Sometimes I wonder what we really stand for anymore. But I am still thankful for their courage and persistance in keeping our country whole.

Freedom is a tricky thing and I think the more we grow in this century and country the more it will question what is my freedom and your rights. Freedom allows me to do many things but human responsibility should outweigh my freedom every time! I think we are losing responsibility and just plain common sense in this country. We have become a nation who desires so much that we are willing to put aside common sense and responsibility.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

No comments: