Monday, June 06, 2005

Life is so uncertain!

I went to work this morning......not as usual. I don't usually go to work on Mondays but since Tollie was in Tyler and I had a special project going, I made the decision to go in and work. Besides it would give us some extra vacation money to spend.

But when I got to work, it was very heavy and I came in to find that a co-worker had lost his wife the night before. Just like that, in a split second. She was here one minute and gone the next. Truely. Steph had been ill for some time with some intestinal problems but had been doing real well lately. They were so encouraged. They had recently returned from a vacation, the first in many years. They had gone to Bermuda. It was a surprise to Steph and they had such a good time. She actually did well on the trip. But they both came home with a cold. Last night Steph was not feeling well and was taken to the ER. Eddie stated she was sitting there one minute and said she was not feeling well and went to lie back.....and her eyes glazed over and she was gone.

You would have suspected that Steph would have died from all the pain, the surgeries, the trouble she had with her stomach. All she had was a cold! They will know more later, but for now they think she might have had a blood clot.

I have cried a lot today. Partly for Eddie, his lonliness, sadness and complete inability to comprehend. They didn't have a church family. Eddie came to work because he knew he had family there. I have cried for the heartache the family is feeling. She was a wife, mother, sister and neice to somebody. I have cried knowing how devestated I would be if I lost Tollie. I have cried thinking of my brother who died from a blood clot. I have cried thinking of the all the wasted time I have spent in being depressed and not enjoying life. I have just cried.

Lord, please help Eddie. Give him the comfort that only you can supply. Give Tollie and me the ability and compassion to be there for Eddie, to help him in the ways he needs help. Thank you for being the God of peace and love and may we all grow closer to knowing you every day.

No comments: