Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Today Another Day

I am still thinking of Eddie and how lonely he will be in the next few days, months and even years. But today is another day and life goes on. I was impressed by Eddie at the service last night. He is so upbeat in the midst of his pain. He says that Steph would want him to go on. That she loved life and would want him to live it to the full.

Speaking of the service......it was a sweet service, but I realize how un-catholic I really am. There was so much rote and ritual. Yet, how can I be critical of them when I am so rote and ritualistic about my religion. Tollie and I were talking last night and we decided so many of us get lost in our religion. We are so absorped by the religion that we lose sight of Jesus. I have been there, but I am trying so hard to come out of that and just speak of Jesus and let others see Jesus in my life. I have to ask myself the question often, am I focusing on something in the religion other than Jesus? If the answer is even maybe, then I need to repent and put my focus back on Jesus.

Jesus is the only answer and the only way to God. So it really doesn't matter how I worship, as long as I worship through Jesus. It doesn't matter where I work as long as I work through Jesus. It doesn't matter what my vocation, my hobbies, my interests lie.......as long as I do it all through Jesus, taking Jesus with me to others through everything I do. So long have I boxed Jesus up in the hour long service on Sunday morning. Well.......no more! I want to do everything through Jesus and in Jesus. That is where my loyalities lie and that is where my salvation comes.

God I do ask for guidance in my life through Jesus. I want others to see Jesus in everything I do, no matter how large or small, how important or insignificant. Help me find my path to the best way to accomplish this. It is new territory for me, yet I believe it with all my heart. So give me patience, strength, and wisdom.

No comments: