Saturday, August 20, 2005

Blogging Gives Information

I have been reading the last few days the blogs that I read consistently. The buzz right now is the fact that Ann Coulter has been invited to speak at Harding in the spring.

At first, I didn't even know who Ann Coulter was, then I realized I had seen her and just heard the other day she was the one who wants to run against Hillary Clinton. To say that I am not political, would be apparent. To say that I don't read the paper is apparent also.

I realize today how "in my own little world" I am. I don't seem to have enough time in the day for my own little world much less what is going on around me.

Blogs have opened up that world to me. By reading blogs I can get a glimpse of what is going on around me and learn about the world around me. I have never been much of a political person. I do vote, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I wonder if my vote makes a difference when I don't even know who or what I am voting for! This can be a danger. I try to become informed but I realize so much of what I read and hear is tainted by that person/news political stance! So am I really getting the whole story by not researching out what I need to know.

But then I have never been very good at researching out anything. I like to take the easy road and get what is already researched! This is something in me I am finding that I don't like a lot. But I know I can change this, if I really desire to. So.....I may start watching more news TV instead of the old movies. I probably need to do more reading on the internet for the news articles and become an informed citizen. I'm just not sure I have enough time in the day, but if others can then I should be able to do this.

I know from own little world, there are enough problems without taking on more! So.....we will see how this comes about and whether I still like living in my own little world and I may close the blinds and watch Humphrey Bogart!

No comments: