Friday, August 05, 2005

RAMBLINGS!

Where have I been, you ask? I have not been at the computer long each day, just long enough to read my list of blogs and then rush off to work or wherever.

The kids are back in town and I got to see Ashton and Emma yesterday. They are growing as I type! I missed them and they had a good time on their trip.

I am reading a book now, "Blue Like Jazz". The reason I got the book and started reading it was because so many of the blogs I read listed it as a good read and one of their favorites. It is a good book with a totally different perspective on Christianity. I believe it to be a post modern definition for me.

I think it is funny how until I started blogging, I had not head the term post modern Christianity. I realized after starting to blog and read other blogs how unread and uneducated I have become. I am a smart person but I have tended to hide out in my own little world and be lost to the masses. That is not always a bad thing but in this case it caused me to feel left behind. I am enjoying catching up on reading the right now thoughts of those who I call brother and sister in Christ.

I will be away from my blog for several days as I travel with Tollie on his monthly trek to Tyler. I will enjoy being in the hotel and cross stitching, working feverishily to finish my project, watching old movies and letting someone else make the bed and cook the meal, not that I've done that too much lately. But it will be enjoyable anyway. But the best part will be being with Tollie. I don't like to be apart from him much and I don't like being home by myself away from him. So....it will be a good time with him.

Take care and hope you enjoy the rest of this hot month. School is about to start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon!!

I sort of suspected you had "escaped" with your sweetie!! I called and left a message for lunch on your home phone but when you did not respond I checked here. I just e-mailed Tollie Mansion on The Hill, Chez Bazan Bakery and Larissa's House (Jacksonville) information. I am TRULY concerned you may starve in Tyler!! hee hee!!

Have enjoyed your posting regarding expanding your corner of Christianity...it encourages the rest of us to do likewise. Would like very much to borrow the book you are reading when you are finished.

Enjoy yourself but come home!!

hugs

Dixie