Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hello Rita

Well, we are leaving. We are heading out in the morning around 5:00 am for Dallas. The handicapped couple have a hotel room in Dallas and we will go to my sister's in Arlington.

We are in hopes of beating the traffic tie ups leaving so early. The reports today were that the traffic from Galveston to Huntsville was a parking lot! We don't want that. We have been down that road before and it was miserable. Hopefully, we will be well on our way before the traffic gets too bad.

I pray for those who are staying. Tornadoes and trees don't mix well. Our neighbors are staying so I am not worried about our home. It is only a house and stuff. I have packed those things that I feel I cannot live without at this time. Pictures, projects I am currently working on this computer. Everything else should be able to be replaced. Not easy, but can be over time.

I pray for those who are more in the direct line of Rita. At least we are on the fringes, so far. Thanks for your prayers. We have no control over hurricanes and tornadoes, but we do know who is in control and for that reason we will be fine. My kids are leaving tonight and should be well on their way to my neices' house. So as along as we have our family safe, I will be okay.

Today has been hard. I am tired and teary but doing okay. The drive will be hard.

Hope to give you updates as I can. Salute from Southeast Texas.

No comments: