Monday, July 25, 2005

CASA



I am posting the pics from the CASA Carnival and hope you enjoy seeing my grandchildren. These pics are my grandkids who came to the carnival towards the end of it. They had a short but good time there. The right pic is Emma and her dad and the left one is Ashton and her mom. It was a fun time.

CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate. It is a volunteer based organization where a judge appoints a person to the voice for the child. These are children who have been taken from their home for various reasons. Sometimes the children are returned home and often they are placed in permanent care of CPS or adopted. The volunteer spends time researching what is the best course of action for the child. It is not always easy to find the best course but it is desired.

Didn't my son-in-law do a good job on the backdrop? He drew the mermaid and sea monster free handed and painted most of it. I did some touch up painting. I did the sea shells, the scales on the mermaid and brightened up the monsters face. It was fun to do and I think we make a good team. Thanks again, Paul. You really came through for me!

No comments: