Sunday, July 24, 2005

Great Friends, Good Food

We went last night to eat with some dear friends. We went to Esther's and had a great time. We enjoyed the company of "catching" up on the summer happenings and then we watched the alligater and catfish eat bread pieces. We drove down a dusty road and took pictures of the old "Rainbow Bridge". We checked out crayfish crates but decided not to take any home with us. Then an executive decision was made and we went to Marble Slab. By the way, Dixie, the resturant in Groves was Ellee's! I tried to call you last night but you must have been on the phone. I figure you were talking with Mary!

What a night. After all that eating and talking, we came home and had a nice quiet time home together. Seems our nights of outings and then quiet times have not been as often lately. We have been so busy and so entrenched in the summer, we just go, go, go and then go to bed exhausted. So even though yesterday was a full day, we really enjoyed the evening!

Yes, the CASA carnival was great. The kids really seemed to want their pictures. We had a couple glitches that caused us to lose our rhythm in taking and printing the pictures and then we got so far behind printing that a lot of the kids didn't get their pitcures. We hope to mail them or have some one come by the office to get them. Toward the end, we figured out the best way to take the pictures, download them to the computer and then work to get them printed. By then it was so late but now we know the best way for next year!

I am so thankful Tollie was with me and didn't go to the unity conference in Dallas! I would have never made it without him. I am also thankful to Paul for painting the back drop and glad the girls and their mom, Jamie came to the carnival. Even though they were at the last of it and didn't get to do much, including eat hot dogs!, they had a great time. CASA is such a great orgnization. It is there to help kids and helping kids, they do best! I will have pictures and more about CASA tomorrow.

Today, the Lord's day. The day we set aside for worshiping in a group to the Father of all. As I have said in the past, I refuse to call our gathering "church" and I hesitate to say we are going to worship. I am the church and I worship in every thing I do. So I am going to meet with my family of God and there we will all worship together.

Have a great week!

No comments: