Thursday, July 28, 2005

Gone Home!

I talked with my dad today. Daddy is speaking at the funeral for my 96 year old Aunt Virgie. Virgie raised daddy from the time he was eight when his mother died. There are only two siblings of the 12 children left living at this time. There are numerous neices and nephews.

I am praying for my dad today as he is wanting this day to be a rejoicing that Virgie is home. She lived a long, useful life of service to others. He wants others to know what Virgie did for others and how she impacted all those she came in contact with.

Daddy was telling me about the dress they bought for Virgie to be buried in. Virgie had asked that she have a long sleeved blue dress. Of course, today the designs are not like what Virgie wore. They don't even make those kind of dresses any more. So Mother and Daddy had a hard time finding what they could afford and what would be appropriate for Virgie. They finally ended up at Dillards and a little sales girl (as my dad called her) helped them find what they needed. As they were looking she would go get something for them to see. They finally found a dress for about $70.00 and were about to decide on that one when she came back with a beautiful little dress. I say little because my aunt was always small but she was down to about 55 lbs. when she died. The size had to be really small. She came back with a dress small enough and it was marked at $10.99. Daddy was confused when he saw the tag say $80.00 but then saw the 10.99. She assured Daddy it was only 10.99. They were very pleased and Daddy made sure he got her name and will contact Dillards on way she helped them at this time.

Thank you, Lord for taking this burden from my parents. You have been faithful them for such a long time in helping with so many of their burdens. Mary was a blessing, Sanders Funeral home is a blessing and now this young girl at Dillard's is a blessing. I only ask that you give my dad composure appropriately at the funeral today. Help him do the job he wants to do for Virgie. I am thinking of him and wanting to be there so badly. So give us all peace!

No comments: