Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What Am I Doing Wrong?


I think I have posted in the past regarding my challenge my daughter and her boyfriend gave to me to ask God for the money for my dental surgery. If you have been reading lately, you know that not only did I not get the money provided, but the same amount needed was required for our van before vacation. My question then was did I not pray right or was God not listening or misunderstand me?

Now my question today is what is God trying to tell me? We loaned our van to our kids, long story with some strong feelings there, but at any rate, I was to drive our 1972 Olds Cutlass convertible for the next few days. (Pictured here). That is not a real problem other than it is hard to start when it has not been driven in a long while and if it is raining or bad weather, we don't like to get it out. There was hesitation when we thought the hurricane Emily was coming our way but when she was headed to Mexico it was going to be okay to drive.

I did drive "Bessie" today and she did fine until I got in her to come back home. The air conditioner stopped working. That usually would not be a problem except for the fact that July and August in Southeast Texas are the hottest times of the year. For the few miles I had to travel, I was dripping wet with sweat by the time I got home. Mainly, it is just frustrating.

Then my frustration is stronger when I have planned for over a month now to do a backdrop for my CASA carnival this Saturday and have asked my family to help me with it. Of course, now that I don't have the van, I have been asked to wait until Thursday to get the plywood and then it will be painted. I am not the person who waits until the last minute. Then my darling dear husband who left town this morning suggested that we could still take the pictures even without the backdrop. Sounds easy, but the tears have been flowing for the rest of the evening. I politely and as calmly as I could, let him know that I told my committee I would have a backdrop and the idea I had for the backdrop and I'll be darned if I don't have the backdrop, one way or another, if I have to buy one.

So...my question today is what I am suppose to be learning here Lord? I have asked for help and it seems I am getting no where? Everything seems to be turning toward me rather than for me. I don't like to feel sorry for myself, but I am having a hard time today trying to figure all this out. And the best I can do today is to cry and go to bed.

So, hopefully, I will have brighter eyes and emotions in the morning and God will provide some answers for me.

No comments: