Sunday, July 17, 2005

Back in the Saddle

Well, I am back in the saddle again. I am doing great from my dental surgery, ready to get the stitches out tomorrow but not pain and feeling okay.

My company came and went. They were to be here for several more days, but due to circumstances at their church, needed to get back to services on Sunday and take care of things there. I understand. Saddened, but I understand. It was great to have them here. They seem to always enjoy themselves and relax and soak in the gentleness of our sweet time together. I soak them in and wish for the wisdom they both have.

I have a mission this week. I am calling our family doctor with questions and hopefully get some answers to questions that are plaquing me. We need to know if Tollie needs an ENT doctor or an audiologist. Also, if we can get a PET on him done in the near future. Tollie had a melanoma years ago and now with history in the family of a brain tumor (his dad), I want to do preventive things to protect his health. So......hopefully, I will get some answers this week.

Today was a great day at services. Jerry did a great job on a sensitive topic and after my prayer before arriving, I did okay and in fact am quite proud of myself. I have some issues and I am working on them and God is helping me focus on them.

Jamie is leaving today for Dallas for a conference for school. Tollie leaves for Tyler in the morning for his usual monthly trek. I am staying home and will work on Tuesday. I have started my new book, (recommended by Gina to read) called Now, Discover Your Strengths. I am anxious to find my strengths and then try to find my ninch in my work environment and with my church family. I also got the book "Blue Like Jazz" that I have read so many reading and I will try to finish my books, Set Me Free and the other by Cecil Hooks that has the writings of Carl Ketcherside and Leroy Garrett in them.

I also need to go get my plywood today. This is the last day to have Tollie here to help me with it. Then, I need to get Paul over here to start working on it and we will get it done by this weekend.

Have a great week, I plan to.

No comments: