Monday, June 13, 2005

Medication not the Cure!

I have been put on new medication recently to control my cholesterol. It was too high my last visit, especially the bad cholesterol so they put me on some medication. At first, I didn't think too much about it, but today I am calling the PA. The medication has affected me in two very significant ways.

First, I am so tired. I just want to sleep. This is different than the depressed feeling I had several years ago. This is pure fatigue. If I do any work outside or even on my working days of Tuesday and Thursday, I come home and fall asleep in the chair. That is really unusual for me. For instance, I had a nap yesterday afternoon, a good one of at least an hour. Then went to bed at the usual time last night and slept all night. We were determined to walk this morning, that is last night anyway. This morning, I could not wake up. Tollie asked if was ready and I said sure and snored before getting it out. He finally got up to shower and dress and said he was ready to go, but I never heard him. He had to come over and shake me awake to kiss me good bye. This is not normal and I don't like it.

Second, I am so impatient with everything. I have come to be mellow and enjoy life and now I find myself getting impatient, especially with the g-girls. This is not acceptable. So, last night, I did not take my medication and I will not take any more. I will call the PA today and either try another medication or just not take medication for this problem. The cure was worse than the disease! I know now how my brother-in-law feels!

I also have to call the dentist because my tooth has flared up again. I think I am falling apart. We will try to walk this evening. It wasn't too bad last night, as far as the heat. It is dryer and that helps. I would rather walk everyday and try to control my cholesterol that way than taking the medication.

I believe today will be an expensive day! Bring out the checkbook.

No comments: