Thursday, June 16, 2005

Took The Test!

Well, I took the test as well. That is the spiritual/religious test out there on some of the blogs. I came back as a Methodist! That was a surprise. I was secondly emergent/post modern. That didn't surprise me. I guess I have just enough old teaching in me to keep stricter, but want the freedom from emergent! Who knows. I just know it was interesting to take and I didn't even know some of the persons it listed as important. I plan to look them up and check them out. Maybe they are important and I just didn't know it!?! Naaaaaaa~!

I am excited about my sister and her husband are coming for a visit. It will be good to visit and play and just be. It is too hot to do too much but we will have fun watching movies and talking and I hope my sis and I get some alone time. I think we will go pick more blueberries in the morning. If you read my blog you will know I am a blueberry fan. I have several bags in the freezer, but I go through them pretty often. They are so sweet and delicious in cereal. If they are frozen and you put them in the cereal, they keep your milk so cold and it is great! Anyway, I am happy they are coming. Pray for T as he has a hard time with travel.

I heard from "future" family again. It was good to hear from L and I want to write back again. It was good to hear that she is positive about the future as well. I think we both have the same "sense" and it will be fun to visit on line and get to know each other well.

I have to work today. I say have to because I only work two days a week. It is not much but it is surprising how dependent we have become on that little income. I guess it is true that you live on what you make. The more you make, the more you spend! I will be out for two weeks starting the end of June and it worries me some that we might get behind, but I thought yesterday, I just have to trust! I planned this vacation, I am going and having a good time and we will worry about the income later. Besides, I don't have much to do at work.

If you know of a good resource for Alzheimer's knowledge, let me know. My boss' wife is in the beginning of the last stages, I think, of Alzheimers. She is getting worse every day. I am suppose to help the household employees help her! I'm not real sure what I am suppose to do. I feel helpless. How do you stand there when your 78 year old boss comes to you and his eyes start to redden and he tells you she is now forgetting little things like setting the table! All I could say was "I'm so sorry". And I am. How do you fight a disease that allows you to forget how to do such simple things! It is mind boggling and very scary. So, I will go to work today and wonder exactly what I am suppose to do. But I think I will be spending a lot of time researching on how best to help him.

If you are interested in taking the spiritual/religious test, here is the link. Good luck and let me know what your results are! It could be fun to try other answers and see where you end up!
Take care, and live life to the fullest.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mama. I took the test too. I came out with the same results. Big surprise huh!

So, I am still wondering about the rumblings between you and L. Don't get into too much trouble :)

Love you! Mindy

Peggy N Texas said...

Rumblings? What makes you think they are rumblings? I can tell you there are grins and giggles along with the rumblings!

What fun it is to have a secret from your child!

Love you, mom