Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer is Here!

Summer is certainly here and is unusally hot and dry in Beaumont. In fact, yesterday I noticed the clock I have outside in the back yard had a dial that read DRY. It was far removed from the humid point and very noticably different position than usual. I watered the yard all day long and each time I moved the water to a new location, it smelled like I remember in Lubbock when it would rain. We are DRY! Please, Lord, send rain.

I enjoy spring the best. I think one of the reasons I enjoy it so much is the newness of everything. The plants come out with new buds, the birds are busy making new families, and the weather is so pleasant, especially after a hard winter. I think the best part is the chance to make new again.

I am so thankful my Lord gives me the chance to make new again, every day. I am still enjoying the blogging and it is certainly summer because this morning every blog I checked that I normally read had nothing new to day. Everyone of them! So......that tells me everyone is enjoying the outdoors and vacationing and taking time off.

Praise God my brother-in-law was able to go to work yesterday and actually stayed until the afternoon. He is doing well. Thank you Lord for this encouraging time for them. I ask for more good days than bad. They have had enough bad.

No comments: