Monday, June 20, 2005

Sunday, then Monday

Wow! That is one word to describe how Sunday went. I was a little nervous about my sis and her husband going to services with us for the first time since the merge. But I can say now that it was a good thing.

I am proud of what we are doing. I am assured, at least by them, that we seem to be doing things well. That always helps.

It was a very emotional service. The minister did the Daddy's song sermon. He did a great job. We were all okay until someone went forward for their wayward child. Then it began to happen. When I put my arm around my sis, she lost it and so did T. That is the first time I have seen or heard him cry for his lost son.

You see, his son is not lost in the deaths sense but in the lost spiritual sense. Their son, my nephew has chosen to live his life in contradiction to everything he was raised to believe. He has chosen to denounce his family and have not contact with them. My heart aches for my sis but my heart aches for lost D. I pray for him often and I need to pray for him more.

There were tears today, but there was a connection today. It was a great service.

Company has gone home today. We have laughed, cried and enjoyed our time and now we have to get back to a routine for another week. Have a great week! I will.

No comments: